2009年5月19日

update

Having moved back home to Manchester for a few weeks to write up my thesis, I've been on the phone much more than I have been in the last six months. However, I have not seen anyone except through my house windows for several days now, and not stepped foot out of the front door since Saturday.

The house is in a row of terraced houses, although in fact there is a private alleyway running down one side of my house, so we only have one adjoining building. The sounds from around my house do carry though, as is the norm for old terraced buildings, so that sometimes I have to refrain from running downstairs to check that there isn't an intruder when I hear doors banging, seemingly from the ground floor of my otherwise empty house.

Despite this relative isolation, work is going very slowly. I seem to spend all my time planning the thesis and not actually writing it. Today though, I'm adamant that I'm going to start work in earnest on my first results chapter.

So this is just an update, to let everyone I'm still alive, and to put down in typing that I really am going to get this chapter done.

Toes crossed and fingers ready to fly across the page.

1 則留言:

Dan 說...

wow. that's exactly what i'm doing right now. it's quite depressing. jo just came over with some ice cream.... strange