2009年11月2日

Day 1: Job Hunt (Hunting for the place in which I have a job)

First day at work today - there was a bit of a hiccup actually getting to work as I appeared to have misunderstood the bus timetable and no bus arrived. Luckily I still have my parents' car, which I 'borrowed' to help me move my things to my new sticks. Surprisingly too, I wasn't late, although I didn't have a clue how to get there by car. Hurray for a semi-decent sense of direction!

Today was mostly paperwork, meetings, paperwork, reading literature - oh and more paperwork. I was introduced to so many people that after a while I gave up on remembering names. Most of them seemed to have been informed of who I was beforehand, so it was 'hi, you must be Sam' and from my side 'err.... yes, nice to meet you', before they disappeared without dropping the syllables of their name into the air between us.....

So, all seems new to me, other than the lab itself - a bit bigger and shared between groups, but the instruments and arrays of chemicals on the shelf are reassuringly familiar.

沒有留言: