2011年12月12日

Anyone still here?

It's been a busy year, 2011, with an awful lot going on at work, some good and some not so good. Visits to friends and keeping in touch with both friends and family have been slotted in where I can, but my poor blog has suffered greatly, especially since I STILL don't have internet at home (and never will unless I move elsewhere I suspect) and I'm now too lazy to go to work to update it at the weekends.

However, after this list of excuses, which apparently labels me unmistakingly as Typically British, I will try and remedy my neglect of this webspace and resume usual sporadic service. Fittingly, it is just over a year since my last post, a similar period of time to the maximum available period of maternity leave. Although I most definitely have not been gestating or been pregnant, in interests of equal rights, if people get time off to have babies, there should be special circumstances under which childless people can take a corresponding time off, non? Something to discuss over the dinner table perhaps, if you run out of other contentious topics to explore, such as the Euro, homelessness, benefits, the NHS, politics and religion.

So that was my non-maternity leave. I will continue to bore you with the tears, tantrums and teething problems that crop up in my life. Discussions around baby food, nurseries and schools and the latest baby pushchair models are optional.

2 則留言:

Shawn Tan 說...

lols.. welcome back.. i hope? :p

sammeilee 說...

I think so - but I would wait a few weeks and see whether I keep it up first. I find it's healthier to keep a smidgen of pessimism and skepticism in the mix.