2008年5月26日

something to learn every day

Things I learnt today, in the 9th month of my 24th year on this earth.

1) Pots that have been used to boil soup on the stove tend to be quite hot. Use oven gloves or a thick tea towel.
2) Do not keep your fingers on the narrow edge of a closing door. Otherwise it WILL hurt.
3) Driving and steering is more difficult if your fingers have just been trapped in a door ten minutes beforehand.
4) Remember that you need your purse or some sort of currency to pay for items you want to buy in a supermarket. Try and realise this BEFORE you get to the checkout if you want to minimise embarrassment for yourself and inconvenience for other people.
5) Nothing ever works in science. Don't even bother to get too excited about anything until it's all but set in stone. And even then, make sure it's not sandstone.

I don't mind learning new things. But I wish I didn't have to RElearn the same lessons all the time.

"The rate at which a person can mature is directly proportional to the embarrassment he can tolerate." - Douglas Engelbart

In which case, I have the potential to be VERY mature.

沒有留言: